Saturday, August 13, 2011

Another year, another blog attempt

As I prepare for another school year, my third, and supposedly final, at Nashotah House Seminary, I have decided to try the blog again. I am feeling much stronger than I did a year ago. In fact, when folks ask what I did this summer my favorite response is "get healthy." And that is very true. I have dedicated myself to getting healthy and trying to resolve any lingering issues from the dasderdly bad health that found its way into my body two years ago. While there are still a few residual concerns, I for the most part am healthy and believe I can say with full confidence that I have more energy and feel much stronger than I did two years ago.
I made a commitment to myself after my last hospitalization in May that I would be as healthy as possible come the start of classes in September. I did that by praying the daily office three times a day, allowing myself time for nine hours of sleep a night, if that is what my body needed, resting, moderate exercise, resting, reading, seeking answers from doctors, resting, following doctors' advice and, RESTING. It worked and I am now very excited and energized to start another year of classes.
As I considered resuming this blog, I thought about what I wanted to do with it and what's important to me. In addition to writing of my adventures, I hope to add a prayer corner to each blog. Please, if you feel so inclined, share via e-mail, or blog comment, any prayer concerns you have and I will list them at the end of the next post.

Prayer Concerns
Calmness and confidence for Mary as she prepares for surgery; knowing the presence of the Holy Spirit for Jackie as she accepts her mother's death; safe travel for Roy; safe travel for Mark; safe travel for Shane, safe travel and moving preparations for Jane and Jill; physical healing for Logan; support for Nashotah's new dean, Dean Salmon; for Ryan and his family as he prepares to join the ranks as a Nashotah seminarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment