Monday, October 10, 2011

New Duds!

   I'm getting excited for my potential ordination to the diaconate (God Willing and People consenting) in December.
   I placed an order order today for an alb, the kind with lace insert near the bottom of the alb and the bottom of the sleeves, a rope cincture belt and an amice (the cloth that protects vestments from perspiration and makeup. I also ordered three clergy shirts. One in each of three styles. I'll see which neck style I like and if I like the tunicle style for women. Given my long arms, I went with short sleeves in the two styles I could do that, and long in the tunicle.
   There were so many decisions to make regarding style of alb, and then style of collar on the clergy shirts: do I want full collar or tab collar? Decisions, decisions, decisions.
    It is all so exciting. It's true that clothes don't make a person, but they can set a tone, and new clothes are always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment