Saturday, October 8, 2011

What happens when your brain gets full?

  I have finally figured out why I forget things. It's because my brain is too full. Contrary to popular opinion that your brain explodes when it is overloaded, my experience is that I just plain forget.
  I am definitely experiencing that right now. I'm trying to take 15 minutes a day to study for the General Ordination Exams in January. During that time there will be seven questions to be answered. We get half a day for each question. We are only allowed minimal resources -- Bible, hymnal and Prayer Book.The rest has to come from our heads. So, I am reviewing and trying to determine what areas I'm stronger in.
It came as no surprise to me that its the practical and analytical areas where my brain functions best. History, facts and dates are the areas where I get hung up.
  I am actually having fun doing this review because I am surprised at how much I have learned, (and forgotten) since I've been at seminary.

  PRAYER CONCERNS
SICK: Mona, Kari, Mary Ellen, Jake, Joe,
OTHER: Kathy, Jim, The members of the dioceses of Fond du Lac and Eau Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment