Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Which way?

   I'm tired of getting lost!
   I suppose you could tell me to get a GPS. That would help, but wouldn't solve the problem. I've determined that the root cause of my getting lost while driving is the placement of street/road signs.
It would be nice to be able to look at one place at each intersection to know what street I'm crossing.
   For example, I was in Madison a few weeks back. At the first intersection I came to the street sign was on the south east corner, so I got into the left lane so I could see the sign at the next  intersection.     
   Wrong move, this time it was on the north east side, and a sign small enough and at an angle I couldn't see until I got right up there and too late to change lanes. Thus I went a block or two too far and then encountered one way streets that made my track onto the correct path a bit of a challenge.
  Then just a week or two ago I was traveling on some of the rural roads around here. The signs were often across the intersection of a wide, busy street. In that case I twice crossed an intersection, getting half way across and realizing I should have turned, not something I could do without messing up traffic and a car or two.
  So, I'm on a one-woman campaign to have uniform location of all street signs. Any takers?
   Prayer Concerns:
   For physical healing: Mike, Mona, Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment